Saturday, November 7, 2009

So it goes...

What am I to do with all this silence?

I am writing because I need to. Not because I have anything to write about, not because there's something I'm just dying to get out, but because I don't know how to really write anymore. No matter what I do for inspiration it is just gone. Words don't flow out of me like they used to. I am no longer a poet, and I am barely a writer. The things that used to inspire me have no affect. Self improvement...fantastic...but now what? What am I to do with this horrible stop in the flow? What am I supposed to do about this inability to write anything I can be proud of? Hopefully, I can just keep writing and I will see it return. Maybe some of what I come up with will make it's way here. Sadly, nothing I've done very recently is worthy of anything past the trash can. Here's hoping.

1 comment:

  1. Whenever words come, even the ones about not having words, you are writing. It's not the content, it's the act. Try to remember that. You ARE writing, because you posted this. (I'm a professional writer, so I think I have some credibility on that one...)

    ReplyDelete